Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Look at this cute painting of folly and gift guide part 2

Really loving this beautiful painting of the folly storefront by Portland artist, Jenna Lechner. I think she perfectly captured the essence of folly! I found the perfect spot to hang this painting so next time you visit you can see it in person! 

I love making a festive holiday window and am really happy with how this one came out. It's hard to see all the special stuff of a window display from far away and I have learned it's much more about an overall vibe unless you are up close! I love the plaid in the background and all the cute presents. The center tree is on a turning platform but I swear it turns so slow that no one even notices! For someone not much into subtlety that tree is taunting me! hahah. 
The message is simple and sweet... GIVE GOOD GIFTS! I love to help you pick out gifts that I think have a very good chance of being well received. I love a useful gift, a cozy gift, a thoughtful gift!  And I listen to what people say about things all year so I do feel pretty qualified to give advice about all these goodies.
Everyday Cap $18 - this beanie is one of those funny things that everyone loves, Cashmere socks $38 always a great gift, Heart barrettes $18/pair cute lil stocking stuffer, Fingerless gloves $18 love and we sell out of these every year,  Cele earrings $68 I think these are so pretty on everyone
Cele necklace $68 if you like the earrings you will love the necklace too.. I don't recommend giving a set but the style is so cute. Biggie claw = awesome $22,  Skinny Bangles.. these are so good! mix and match a few sets and keep some, give some! sets of 7 for $45
This beautiful Dua Scarf is amazing... it is super light and airy viscose with a touch of cashmere and two prints that are both stunning $148, another great biggie claw $22, Pavi Earrings $48 these are also an absolute no-brainer for any style person!
Love the Thalia scarf $98 we have many different prints available and it is a perfect gift!

Shopping small this year is more important than ever before... do I say that every year? Maybe! But this year is truly special. As you know all small business have faced tremendous difficulties in 2020..... we pivot and pivot until we are dizzy! I am so incredibly grateful for my #follygirl community who show me so much love and support. I feel like folly will be fine and in the end I'm sure there will be parts that I will be grateful for but it is a lot of work. I love being a refuge from the world for my customers and feel really proud of the deep bonds I have formed with women all over the country.  

Every small biz has a website these days and I am simply encouraging you to visit them directly vs. shopping on amazon, etc... Don't be lured in by a glossy instagram ad that takes you to a mysterious website... visit a small business in your immediate community and buy something and then tell someone you did it! Sharing on instagram/fb, etc is free and does so much to encourage us to keep going.   

I love making clothing you love to wear year after year. I feel so proud of the production that we manage to pull off right here in the back of the shop.  I hope to be able to do this for a bit longer! 

xoxo. Sarah 

Always happy to wrap a present for you! I actually really love doing it. 



 detail from the window... so cute!
We make our infinity scarves every year too.. they are amazing and I save some favorite pieces of fabric all year so they can meet their final destination in a single loop infinity scarf $68 and those perfect skinny bangles! $45 for set of 7.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year #follygirl

 We made it to 2024! I always feel some weird sense of relief when the "holidays" are behind me. There's just so much build up...